28 August, 2009

Passed me on this morning's ride: a powerful lady in training drafting an accomplice on a trail bike. Heard the muffled "putt putt" of his dawdling two-stroke first, then they whooshed past at a healthy 35 mph or so. Saw them later in the SBUX parking lot, but they chose Panera Bread next door for their AM chow.

Two points of similarity between her and me: we both ride Treks, and we both drive Volvo wagons (into which we dump our cycles).

TODAY'S RIDE: 10 miles or so with mild inclines--but on the mountain bike (which, unlike my road bike, isn't a Trek). The mtb is fun (like being on my old Redline BMX mount), but feels so slow and heavy compared to the road bike.

I am turning this blog into a LIVESTRONG fundraisding site ever-so slowly....

(forgive the palsied sketch--today was the first day I carried my sketchbook and brush pen with me on my ride! This meant that when I finally stopped for my latte reward, my hands were a bit beat up and shaky (the grips on the mtb have to go).

1 comment:

MikeD said...

There's a name for that -- it's called motor pacing. Great for your legs, except you end up sucking exhaust fumes.